Close this search box.

You plant it, we protect it.

Farm Forward

Agriculture is an ever-changing business. Weather, prices, technology, and regulations are things you need to monitor but can’t control. When you work with Insure Forward, you can expect:
  • Knowledgeable agents with years of experience.
  • Annual meetings with your agent to identify updates in your operations.
  • Comprehensive loss analysis worksheet to help identify available coverage options.
  • Access to the largest approved insurance providers.
Your Insure Forward team is here to help you stay up-to-date on available programs and products to help you manage your operation’s risks and protect your livelihood.

Farm Policy Options

Property Insurance

The property section of your farm policy* provides coverage ranges for your operation’s property and physical structures, such as your dwelling and contents, buildings, equipment, machinery, and tools, to name a few. The policy provides insurance protection from financial loss due to natural disasters, extreme weather (like hailstorms or tornados), fire, flooding, theft, vandalism, and other types of damage-causing events.
AG Loans IMG 2 coz

Optional Farm Coverages

You can add optional coverages to your farm policy* to meet your protection wishes. Optional coverages may include, but are not limited to:

  • Comprehensive Machinery Coverage
  • Dwelling Replacement Cost
  • Farm Extra Expense
  • Farm/Household Operations Records
  • Fire Department Charges
  • Leased or Rented Farm Buildings
  • Loss of Farm Earnings
  • Peak Season
  • Pollution Clean-Up & Removal
  • Suffocation of Livestock
  • Equipment Breakdown & Water Backup Through Sewer or Drain
Optional farm coverage

Liability Insurance

The liability section of your farm policy* protects up to the limits in the policy for damages resulting in bodily injury or property damage on your farm. Coverage may include, but is not limited to:

  • Coverage for your legal liability up to the limits in the policy for claims of negligence arising from your farming operation, use of the premises, or personal acts. 
  • Coverage for your legal liability up to the limits in the policy for medical payments of people accidentally injured on your premises, by your livestock, or by your farming operation or personal activities.
  • Coverage for your legal liability up to the limits in the policy for damages to property you borrow, such as farm machinery.
AdobeStock 558909116

Optional Liability Insurance​

To meet your protection wishes, optional liability coverages can be added to your farm policy*. Optional coverages may include, but are not limited to:

  • Custom Farming
  • Custom Feeding
  • Additional Insureds
  • Business Activities
  • Contractual Liability
  • Personal Injury
  • Additional Premises
  • Medical Payments to Named Persons
  • Hunting and Fishing
  • Milk Contamination
Ag Farm

*Each policy is different, and limitations apply.


Multi-Peril Crop Insurance​

Multi-Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI) is operated by the Risk Management Agency for the federal government and is sold and serviced by private insurance companies. MPCI provides protection against loss caused by events such as:

  • Destructive Weather 
  • Natural Disasters
  • Disease
  • Drought
  • Fire
  • Insect Infestation

MPCI policies provide coverage for loss of production or a combination of yield and price protection. These policies can be very general or customized to meet your specific farming needs.

Crop Hail Insurance​

Crop hail insurance covers crop loss due to types of weather events and natural disasters such as:

  • Hail
  • Flooding
  • Wind
  • Frost
  • Fire
  • Drought

Crop hail insurance also offers transit coverage to the first place of storage, vandalism, and malicious mischief for harvested crops. It is usually purchased in addition to MPCI insurance.

There are several Crop Hail plans to choose from that vary in coverage and deductible. Coverage can also be increased after the policy is written. The actual time and date that coverage becomes effective and the date coverage ends varies by company.

If Your Crops Are Damaged

MPCI losses must be reported within 72 hours of your initial discovery of damage (but not later than 15 days after the end of the insurance period) by unit for each insured crop. 

Crop hail losses must be reported within 10 days after the occurrence of an insured peril. When a loss exceeds 70% on any acre of the insured crop an additional amount will be paid.

Meet Your Ag Insurance Team

Becky Muncy Bank Forward Hannaford
Becky Muncy
Loan Officer | AVP
Chris Tofsrud
Chris Tofsrud
Insurance Sales Agent
Dan Donnelly
Dan Donnelly
AG Loan Officer | AVP
Scroll to Top

Send Us a Message

Please note that any message sent using this feature is transmitted via normal e-mail, and is not encrypted. Never share Social Security numbers, account numbers, credit card numbers, or passwords via normal email. If you need to share sensitive information, please use our Secure Message Center or give us a call at 800-450-3115.

All fields are required. Bank, Insure, Invest, and Tax Forward will not share your information with any third parties.

Digital Banking Login

Need something else?